VCF Europa Update

From: Christian Fandt <cfandt_at_netsync.net>
Date: Tue Mar 7 21:04:58 2000

Upon the date 05:50 PM 3/7/00 +0001, Hans Franke said something like:
>> The planning for VCF 1.0e is going well. Hans is working his big
>> German butt off in preparation for the event.
>
>You bet, I need a lot of good american coke to refill the calories.
>
>> The pages in Deutsch, English, Francais and Dutch (what is that called
>> in the Netherlands? :) are available, although the only complete page
>> is the one in Deutsch. The other pages are not completely translated
>> but have enough of the pertinent information to help you get there. If
>> you can help Hans translate some of these pages then we'd both be very
>> appreciative.
>
>The more languagesthe more visitors (I hope :)
>
>> Dates: April 29 (10a - 6:30p) & April 30 (10:15a - 5:00p)
>> Where: Mehrzweckhalle des ESV M?nchen Ost
>> Baumkirchner Stra?e 57
>> 81541 Munich
>> (I don't know what this all means but it's supposed to help you find
>> the place :)
>
>Just:
>Multi purpose hall of the ESV Muenchen Ost (a club)
>Baumkirchner Street number 57
>Munich - ZIP:81541
>
>:))
>
>> If you would like to witness my attempt to deliver a 45 minute talk in
>> German then you will not want to miss this event! ;)
>
>Sallam, now it's up to you - I didn't tell anybody about
>your promise - now you have to deliver !

Servus Hans,

I warned Sellam about this but he said he's willing to go ahead with it!
;-) The cat's out of the bag now! I know well what it's like to try to
learn German and after about eight years of periodic, unofficial, random
self-teaching I can just about speak short simple sentences. If German was
still taught in the schools around here I would have attempted to get
tutoring would be much better I think. If he does in fact come to
understand spoken High German he'll get confused hearing the Bavarian
tongue though. I know! ;-) Heh heh heh . . .

Bis sp?ter, Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY USA cfandt_at_netsync.net
        Member of Antique Wireless Association