PDP-11/45 Board Issues

From: Michael Robinson <robinm_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Tue Mar 7 22:03:42 2000

OK, I think I've pretty much decided that it's best to give a shot at
rebuilding the M8108. For one thing, it's going to be a lot cheaper. To
this end, could someone email me the prints for this board (or otherwise
direct me to a URL where they can be found)?

> > > Mine has a printed label across the top of the box labelling the slots,
> > > which says, on the slot containing the M8107, "If KT11C option [i.e.
the
> > > MMU] not present, use M8116 S J B in this slot."
> >
> > Is the M8116 a simple jumper (a la grant continuity card)? I think
that's
> > probably the best move to kludge one of those together, if it's simple
> > enough.
>
> No, it's a hex height card with address buffer chips on it. The schematic
> is not that complex, but the board is not just connections.

OK, unless it's really simple, I guess that's out.

> > Memory management is not all that important to me.
>
> It will be if you get any peripherals and want to run an OS.

Granted, but I think that's a long way off.. :-(

Thanks,
Michael