VCF Europa Update

From: Hans Franke <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de>
Date: Wed Mar 8 06:17:06 2000

> >> What is it likely to cost to get in?
> >DM 10 per day and person
> >DM 15 for both days
> >And 2 days for one if you preregister :)

> http://www.oanda.com/converter/classic
> At this time DM1.00 is equivalent to approximately US$0.490 and 0.311
> British Pound.

At the moment (S*** F****** Euro) it's like 1:2 on the Dollar and
1:3 on the Pound (plus a small bonus). Compared to a year ago,
it's like a 20% off on all stuff over here.

> >> Does anyone know of any cheap campsites near Munich?
> >I'll check that and post the result on the Pages.

> Also show the nearest towns to the campsites. Then a map URL would be
> excellent to refer to such as http://maps.excite.com/ and other better ones.

Forgett Excite - they put the center of Munich in the middle of
nowhere - Well, maybe not, there Mark is quite close to a building
at a US site, which is known to house some CIA departments - so
maybe that's their source - this would also explane that there are
lots of spelling errors in street names, wrong names and even streets
drawn at wrong locations.

http://maps.excite.com/zoom/?lat=481371&lon=115757&label=VCFe%2C+Munich%2C+BAVARIA&orig_lat=481328&orig_lon=116318&level=6
is the closest you may get on there for VCFe location. The Map
is centered on the real city centre, the Mark is on the VCFe site.

It looks like as if their coordinates are somewhat out of orgin.
I did gather the VCFe location per GPS (7 satelites used), and
when using them (48o 7' 51" N, 11o 36' 56" E), Excite shows
a map location about 150 meters (500 ft) of the real location.
I did check the GPS measurement with two different recivers (a
Garmin GPS 38, and the navigation system of my car).

> Tell the visitors to make extra time available for a trip down towards
> Berchtesgaden or Garmisch-Partenkirchen or at least to Chiemsee after VCF
> Europa. If they've never before been to Bavaria this will make them have
> even better memories of the trip in addition to attending the Fest and
> seeing beautiful München! :-) Innsbruck, Austria is three or four hours
> drive south of München too. Salzburg is really interesting too.

You're right - just, where to start - you are in fafour of the
Oberland - but there's more in Bavaria (not to speak about the
occupied terretories - free Bavaria!).

> Dammit Hans, this is making me "homesick" to visit Bayern once again even
> though it's never been home.

That's the back side of beeing forced to work for the money ...
The job takes away valuable time you could otherwise use for
coming to VCFe - Just tell you boss you prefer VCFe over slavery :))

Gruss
H.

--
VCF Europa am 29./30. April 2000 in Muenchen
http://www.vintage.org/vcfe