VCF Europa Update

From: allisonp_at_world.std.com <(allisonp_at_world.std.com)>
Date: Thu Mar 9 07:47:26 2000

> I've certainly heard people say that there's a real barrier between about
> 7 WPM and about 10 WPM. Sure fits my experience. As I said, at the
> lower speeds it just felt like a table lookup -- sometimes I found myself

I've persued morse once aqnd found this, there is a transition point where
you go from lookup to knowing the sounds like in speech. Thsi varies for
some people as for transmitting it requires a manual skill and receiving
and auditory skill So there is some asymetry in the learning process.
At lest a few people advise learning the morse letters at fairly high
speeds with long pauses between each letter to allow getting used to the
sound at say 13wpm.

I'm looking forward to the restructuring for the nocode as I can do the
tech portion of the test easily and the rules are not to bad.

Allison