VCF Europa Update

From: Dwight Elvey <elvey_at_hal.com>
Date: Wed Mar 8 22:12:20 2000

"Geoff Roberts" <geoffrob_at_stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au> wrote:

> An Ex Naval instructor in Morse once told me that it was much better to
> learn morse *as a language* than as a coded form of english.
> Interestingly, although he was a full call ham, he was a vigourous
> opponent of morse being compulsory at speeds > 5wpm, as he said, based
> on his experience, that some people simply
> CANNOT learn it much beyond that level, no matter how hard they try. I
> can believe that, I tried for YEARS to get up to 10wpm for my Full
> license, but can't seem to quite get there.

Hi
 I once took a touch typing course. At the end of the
first 2 weeks I was at 20 words a minute. At the
end of the semester, I was at 20 words a minute.
I'm just as fast with two fingers as with all 10.
I type this message with just two and the right
thumb.
Dwight

Just to stay on topic, there must be someone out there
that has an EC-1 that wants to make patch modules for
their machine?