languages

From: Marvin <marvin_at_rain.org>
Date: Fri Mar 10 14:49:44 2000

Richard Erlacher wrote:

> Another thing to keep in mind about these jobs is that not only is the
> summer vacation long, but there are plenty of days without kids in the
> building, when most teachers go skiing or golfing, or hot-tubbing, and the
> workday for most of them is less than 6 hours.

Another thing about those jobs are the hours spent at home designing lesson
plans, quizes, exams, and grading same. The ratio I was told and found to be
true was about 3:1; 3 hours outside the classroom per 1 hour classroom time.

Also as in ANY profession, there are those who work for a paycheck and those
who work to accomplish something.