The C programming language

From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis_at_mcmanis.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 16:02:42 2000

At 12:09 PM 3/10/00 -0500, John Wilson wrote:
>And I wish people would stop saying it!!! C has *some* of the power of
>assembly but it's a lot *less* legible. And for some reason most C code is
>99% uncommented to boot...

I suppose it depends on the assembly language. I can write PDP-11 assembler
in C (knowing nearly exactly how the code generator works), but I can't
write VAX assembler in C since there are VAX instructions that don't
represent well. SPARC code is also easy to write C code with as there are
few instructions.

The place where this really comes home is in one of my other hobbies where
I write embedded robotics code in C for microprocessors like the 68HC11.

--Chuck