Kids computers

From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis_at_mcmanis.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 17:18:44 2000

At 02:53 PM 3/9/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Just a quick note on this...
>
>I have a P200mmx set up for my kids, who are (the one's who are computing,
>anyway) almost 5 and 4 1/2 years old. I continually preview and install

I did the same thing, although I added a twist, I installed one of these
new (and dirt cheap) removable drive caddy things that you mount an IDE
drive inside of. I install software on a "master" disk, which has a bulk
copy program on it. Then I copy the entire drive over to a built in drive
on the same IDE cable. I have a switch on the outside of the case that
makes the internal drive a "master" or slave (dpdt toggle that is wired
with wire wrap wire to the four pins constituting the jumper positions on
the drive.

Switch the internal drive back to "master" status and reboot. Makes fixing
things when my 4.5 yr old drags the entire desktop into the recycle bin and
flushes it a lot easier!

--Chuck