Kids computers

From: Aaron Christopher Finney <af-list_at_wfi-inc.com>
Date: Thu Mar 9 16:53:24 2000

Just a quick note on this...

I have a P200mmx set up for my kids, who are (the one's who are computing,
anyway) almost 5 and 4 1/2 years old. I continually preview and install
modern educational software for them (Reader Rabbit, Magic Schoolbus, etc)
to keep them interested in it. I have to tell you that I almost feel
guilty when I see them interacting with kids from their school who don't
have computers at home; it really is such an unfair advantage. My kids,
and their computing friends, spell, add, subtract, and do well with
thinking games and puzzles...and the other kids, well...totally unfair.

I think the whole thing (cobbled together from extra pieces) cost me a
total of $500 with monitor, 32x cdrom, 4 meg Matrox card, 64megs ram, 2
gig HD, Soundblaster. For the results, I think it'd be worth 10 times
that.

My dime,

Aaron