languages (Teachers)

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat Mar 11 04:01:41 2000

>walked into a $60k per year job with a cutting-edge tech company. He works
>8 hours a day, maybe 2 hours extra at home to straighten out paperwork.
>Maybe. In addition to his base salary, he receives stock options that just
>about double his yearly salary. He is 27 and owns a house in Huntington

>keep my big mouth shut. But listening to someone bash a group of people
>who are generally dedicated to their profession, and who put up with poor
>materials and low salaries, makes me sick.

The world is NOT fair, pay rates are not fair or based much on merit.
Generally my experience is that getting a high salary is not an engineering
skill. Might be a talent you are either born with or not, I sure don't
know. I know very good engineers that happily work for peanuts, and
decidedly mediocre engineers who haul down money like lawyers.

My last comment, in this thread anyway, on teachers is just wait til your
kids have a few years of school, then tell us what a swell underpaid bunch
they are.