Kids computers

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat Mar 11 04:17:41 2000

>When did pentium become the required cpu?

Read the side of some current boxes of software. Besides its a sad day when
one of us scroungers can't dig up a pentium 166mmx class machine for $100
or less. I think a nice 17" monitor is pretty essential as well.

Unless its "interesting" I don't bother taking home anything below a
486/66, 68040/25, etc. I strip the parts where I find them and leave the
hulks behind. It isn't because they have so little value, and they do have
little value, its a question of my time and storage space.