Los Angeles: Commodore PET 8032's, PDP 11/73 for trade

From: Jerome Fine <jhfine_at_idirect.com>
Date: Sat Mar 11 19:03:18 2000

>Eliot Moore wrote:

> I also have a Trimm- or Sigma- pedestal style 11/73 system with TK50,
> RQDX3/RD53, RX50's. Its a beautiful piece, but I need something much
> more compact, like a desktop BA23ish enclosure or VT103.

Jerome Fine replies:

Be careful if you are considering a VT103. The original DEC backplane
was only 18 bits (only 256 KByte of memory) although if you are handy
with a soldering iron, the extra wires can be added to make it 22 bits.

ALSO, the unit is VERY under powered. The DEC specs say only 16 amps
on the 5 volts which also includes the video interface and the AVO option
if you want a full screen 132 character display. I suggest that if you use
a Quad 11/73 with the RQDX3, you are probably OK. But not much else.
Put any hard drives on an external PC power supply.

Sincerely yours,

Jerome Fine