Why etc.

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Sun Mar 12 14:47:01 2000

Jeffrey S. Worley
>Operating systems I would like to know or know better:
>
>the algorithm used to calculate the key?), AIX, OS/2 for Power PC, Ultrix.

FYI, OS/2 on PPC was never publicly released. IBM had a whole warehouse
full of machines ready for it <oops>, don't know what happened to the
machines.

BTW, the coolist setup I ever saw along those lines was one of the first
ThinkPads at FOSE trade show in DC, probably in mid '93. It was running
AIX and OS/2 on top a Microkernel. There was some talk about this in
magazines such as Byte, but sadly it was scrapped. The plan was to have it
so that you could run basically any OS on top of the microkernel.

                                Zane
| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |