PDP-11 Emulator Question

From: John Foust <jfoust_at_threedee.com>
Date: Mon Mar 13 16:23:49 2000

At 02:00 PM 3/13/00 -0800, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>Looking into this some, and I expect to see the purchase policy and if they
>can afford to the hardware design change. There are people ordering 10 or
>more of these suckers to convert them!

Yes, it's clear their business model expected revenues from the
long-term monthly charge, and once their hardware has been
"slashdotted" they'll change their policies. For that matter,
until you have the unit in your hot little hands, they could
still change their policy and simply refund your deposit.

Meanwhile, this discussion is no more relevant than if you
were discussing squeezing a PDP emulator into the RAM or HD
of a $50 486 laptop: the PDP part is on-topic, the laptop isn't. :-)

- John