Dayton Computerfest finds

From: Paul Braun <nerdware_at_laidbak.com>
Date: Mon Mar 13 23:52:12 2000

From: "Peter Pachla" <peter.pachla_at_wintermute.org.uk>
To: <classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org>
Subject: Re: Dayton Computerfest finds
Date sent: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:53:03 -0000
Send reply to: classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org

> Hi,
>
> > I've also found out that this *exact* cable (down to the icon)
> >is used to connect a Newton to a Mac....
>
> Which begs the question....now that I know how to wire up the cable, does
> anyone know where I can find the software to make my Newton MP100 talk to
> either my Mac or my PC?
>

> TTFN - Pete.

Your best bet is from ebay. That's where I got mine. You need the
Newton Connection Kit for Mac (or PC). Two different products.
Don't get Newton Connection Utilities -- that's for Newt OS 2.0 or
later.

Works very well (at least the Mac version does.) Lets you backup
your Newt, and also lets you edit entries and make changes with a
real, honest-to-goodness keyboard and mouse, and then dump it
back down to the Newt.

Paul Braun
NerdWare -- The History of the PC and the Nerds who brought it to you.
nerdware_at_laidbak.com
www.laidbak.com/nerdware