Need NEC PC-8886

From: Sellam Ismail <dastar_at_siconic.com>
Date: Tue Mar 14 12:10:13 2000

Does anyone have a working NEC PC-8886? I think this is the model
number. It may very well be an NEC APC. At any rate, it would be a
model with 8" drives.

I have some 8" disks (I believe they are single-sided but the box they
came in says "2D" on it; they are 256 byte sectors) containing some
valuable geological data for the country of Guatemala that I am trying to
recover for a geophysicist working on a project in conjunction with the
UN. They contain graphical maps and textual data that would be very
useful for Guatemala.

If anyone can loan me a working NEC computer that can possibly read
these diskettes I'll be sure you share in any praise heaped upon us by
Guatemala, and I promise to share any villager women they bestow upon
me for my efforts. In the very least shipping costs will be reimbursed.

I have an NEC PC that would probably be able to run whatever is on
these things (providing they are still viable) but it doesn't work. In the
meantime I'm going to go retrieve it from my warehouse and see if I can
fiddle with it and coax it to be reborn.

Please reply directly to me as I am not subscribed to ClassicCmp.

sellam_at_vintage.org

Thanks for any help!!!

Sellam International Man of Intrigue and Danger
Looking for a six in a pile of nines...

                 VCF Europe: April 29th & 30th, Munich, Germany
                   VCF Los Angeles: Summer 2000 (*TENTATIVE*)
                         VCF East: Planning in Progress
                    See http://www.vintage.org for details!