Glove love

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue Mar 14 21:14:33 2000

>> At this point I am sold on using them. 5 bucks for a box of a 100 (50 pair)
>> at a cheapo place nearby (Harbor Freight tools).
>
>Vinyl gloves better, latex too flimsy but both doesn't block most
>nasty chemicals and latex fall apart. Vinyl tad better with mild
>chemicals, oils, grease, inks and alcohol stuff.
>
>I think the ones is teal/bluish color (nitile sp?) is what good for
>this. I see these used for epoxy, some nasty chemicals and biohazard
>jobs. This are ones I'm looking for to buy, where?

Nitrile is the one for nasty nasty, but latex is MUCH easier to work in. My
heavy nitrile gloves I bought at a janitors supply, but they have
disposables right next to the boxes of latext gloves for about 50% more and
half as many per box.

Real latex is EXTREMELY elastic, mine lasted two days and I think only
failed then because I was scrubbing with Goof Off (smells like lighter
fluid, actually worse, takes off anything), and then it was just the end of
one finger tearing.

With latex you tend to get used to them and leave them on. With vinyl or
worse nitrile you put them on, do the task, and take them off.