Apollo 735 is ALIVE

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed Mar 15 11:42:00 2000

Finally I just got to play with one of my Apollo workstations. Good news,
it boots up, well sort of, and my 1097C monitor works fine. The sort of
boots up is where I am stuck, looks like maybe the second SCSI drive is
flakey (it didn't spin up until I pressed the TOC button on the front of
the console and a boot device search started), or HP-UX is missing or
damaged.

It tries to run something called 9000/700 and fails.

Info on the system is

80 MB ram, 2 SCSI drives (size unknown?), and from running the ODE a little
it tells me I have a 203H processor. Its an Apollo 735, and the prompt is
IPL>.

I have four more to play with, but if anybody has some quick hints on how
to procede, show drive sizes, run drive diagnostics etc. email me.

Begging everyones pardon with this 1992 system.