Apollo 735 is ALIVE

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed Mar 15 22:44:02 2000

>please see my replies below:

Thanks, I will be playing for hours. ;)

I just finished my first pass through running each of the four systems.

Apollo 735
80 MB ram, 203H processor, fails to find file HP-UX

Mentor Graphics series 700 / 720
32 MB ram, gets stuck when trying to boot (bad drive?)

Mentor Graphics 715t/50
56 MB ram, boots into hp-ux, then immediately gripes about something
missing, gives a return code of 256 and dumps memory to the hard drive
(will repeat endlessly too).

HP 400t
Aaaack, this poor old baby almost seems to boot, but the A1416A graphics
board isn't syncing with my HP 1097C monitor (anybody know the dip switch
settings for 72 hz?) or will it just not work with a 1097C?

BTW I am not really asking for help yet, just making conversation prior to
reading those two FAQs recently posted to the list. Before putting them
away on a shelf for a bit I will run through them all once more and take
notes of the specific responses etc. They look like fun toys, but I know I
will only keep one or two, so if anybody yearns for one email me and beat
the rush to eBay.