VAXStation and TCP/IP

From: Maciej S Szymanski <macieks_at_pzl-okecie.com.pl>
Date: Thu Mar 16 00:35:25 2000

For dome timre I'm trying to connecyt my VAXStation 3100 to PC runing
Linux via TCP/IP and thin wire ethernet. I got TCP/IP services
(origanal Digital's tcp/ip for OpenVMS 7.2) running and passing all
internal test. However I can't get connection. I suppose the problem
is in network interface.

Interface passes boot time test and i can get it's hardware addres, so
it is OK I hope. The swith on the back of unit is set properly - the
green LED is lit on side of BNC connector.

Using '$ SHOW DEV' command I can see one network interface 'ESA0:' which
is online and labelaed as 'template devece' (whatever it means...).
After starting up TCP/IP I get two other interfaces 'ESA3:' and 'ESA5:'
owned by processes related to TCP/IP services.

Does anybody know what I've to do to get my network up ?

Maciek