Hacking Netpliance??

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Sun Mar 19 14:18:17 2000

>Anyone done this yet?
>
>Rich

Well, there are about four of us on the list waiting to get ours :^)

I'm undecided on what OS, though am leaning towards NetBSD as it has the
best USB support of the Unix varients. I basically bought it to be a
PDP-11 emulator. I plan on giving the serial port hack a try also as I
would kind of like to be able to use it as a System Console for my
PDP-11/44!

One interesting hack, that I'd like to do, but won't be trying as I shake
to much for that kind of soldering is to put an actual Pentium processor in
it. That's supposed to significantly speed the system up.

Downside is *no one* has them back in stock as far as I know.

                                Zane
| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |