ram chip crossreference?

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon Mar 20 16:18:01 2000

For years I have been squinting at the numbers on ram chips trying to
devine the capacity of Simms dredged from boxes of scrap, and I do "ok",
but I was thinking somebody must have a nice complete crossreference of all
the chip numbers.

I do well enough in weeding out the worthless 256k SIMMs, but stumble often
enough with 1 MB vs 4 MB. What I could really use is a list of all the part
numbers for chips used to make the 4 MB simms (if its not a 4 MB, most
likely its a 1 MB and can just be tossed in a bin.). Any tips?

BTW I have sorted a few hundred simms, so I do know the "basics" of chip
ID. Some parts guide must have a good crossreference though.