iOpener

From: John Wilson <wilson_at_dbit.dbit.com>
Date: Mon Mar 20 09:40:03 2000

Mine just arrived this morning, I had ordered it from Netpliance's own
800 # so evidently at least *they* still have stock even if CC doesn't
(suits me, the nearest CC is 1.5 hours away from me anyway).

In keeping with nerd tradition I've got the thing all in pieces before even
powering it on for the first time -- boy they sure didn't skimp on screws!
But the 44-pin connector is right there as promised. I'm thinking of maybe
doing a tiny PCB rather than soldering 44 individual wires on, I wonder if
there's a +12V source in hear anywhere so that standard 40-pin IDE drives could
be used too and not just laptop drives? The case is *really* cramped though.

John Wilson
D Bit