iOpener

From: John Wilson <wilson_at_dbit.dbit.com>
Date: Mon Mar 20 20:22:55 2000

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 08:00:39PM +0000, Tony Duell wrote:
[re DZ11A]
> That last
> cable has one connector that connects to the wires in a different order
> to do a second 'mirror flip'.

Yeah, that's the bastard!! I went back and forth a bunch of times to Heffron's
(where I bought the DZ) trying to sort this out, they started talking about
a "mirror image" cable but I forget whether they ever actually produced
one, or maybe I just bypassed the noise supressor brick. That was after
I removed the IDC connector and recrimped it on the other side, thinking
it would help, but of course nothing changed. The whole thing was a huge
pain, especially considering I paid $675 for the DZ11A! In 1985 that is,
it cost me most of a summer's work to get a board which is free these days.
My 11/34a had an EIA DZ in it when I bid on it but the weasels pulled it
out and sold it right before I picked the machine up, none of this should have
ever happened!

John Wilson
D Bit