iOpener

From: Dwight Elvey <elvey_at_hal.com>
Date: Tue Mar 21 11:51:08 2000

John Wilson <wilson_at_dbit.dbit.com> wrote:

> I deleted an earlier post before its Deep Inner Beauty sunk in, who was
> it that suggested switching the conductors by simply using two separate
> ribbon cables with a straight-through header between them? I like it!
> (Trying to figure out whether it would work makes my head hurt, but I think
> you're right.) Looks like a regular through-hole PCB header might even work,
> the solder tail end is only 0.85 mm shorter than the business end, according
> to the sketches in the Digikey catalog.

Hi
 I thought I might add that the simple pin headers that
come on the black strips can be used. Even though these
come with unbalanced pin hights, one can simply push the
pin through the plastic until they are balanced. The
pins are straight through.
 I once made several foot extention this way. I found the
line flipping and realized that I needed three pieces
( or any odd number ) to keep the signals straight.
 On a seperate subject, these iopeners, when you buy
them, is there some kind of isp obligation or do you
just get the machine for $99 with no strings?
Dwight