GRiD stuff

From: Shawn T. Rutledge <rutledge_at_cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com>
Date: Tue Mar 21 12:53:58 2000

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 03:13:14AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I've got a GRIDcase 1530 here, with no power supply. I tried using one
> of the cheap 9.95 "multi-voltage, multi-attachment" generic power supplies
> I have here (use it to charge my mavica battery).
>
> Power supply's max is 12V. The GRiD says 16V, but someone told me they'll
> run off of 12V (automotive voltage) too.
>
> When I plug it in and hit the switch, the status lights above the keyboard
> flash on and off rapidly (continuously) in conjunction with a "ticking" noise.
>
> My guess is, the power supply isnt up to snuff with what the laptop wants.
>
> Anybody got a power supply (and/or an entire system WITH power supply) for
> a 1530 for sale? In fact, I'd be interested in ANY GRiD hardware that
> anybody on this list has for sale.

I've got a couple of those (if memory serves, at any rate it's the 286
model) and one of them works, and the other power supply does the same
thing you're talking about. Not sure why. Maybe it can't supply enough
current. I don't remember whether I tried using a big 12V power supply
yet, but I would probably try that.

--
  _______                                     http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud
 (_  | |_)  ecloud_at_bigfoot.com   finger rutledge_at_cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com