OT: DSL and Apple Network Servers

From: Cameron Kaiser <ckaiser_at_oa.ptloma.edu>
Date: Tue Mar 21 13:48:52 2000

This is probably OT, so flames to my address.

I finally tracked down a source of upgrades for my Apple Network Server 500.
It will shortly be upgraded to 80MB RAM, and I'm mulling over buying a new
processor card for it ($200! cough). MacWorks has some stuff in stock. So,
with this buff discontinued box, I'm thinking of getting it a DSL line to boot.
But I can't find a straight answer if all DSL services give you a static IP
address or not. Do they? And should most of them work with AIX 4.1.4? I would
think so, since it's just a DSL router and the ANS500 plugs into that like
any other network.

Thanks, sorry for the off-topic. (But hey, we've been discussing iOpeners
all week, right? ;-)

     Cameron Kaiser * Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser_at_ptloma.edu
-- FORTUNE: You will feel gypped by this fortune. -----------------------------