Toggling in PDP-11 Bootstraps

From: brian roth <brian.roth_at_firstniagarabank.com>
Date: Tue Mar 21 15:39:38 2000

A good goal for you would be to get everything working under RT-11. That's
a great way to learn.

BTW, if you don't have a bootable 3rd party controller, or the DEC board
with the boot ROMs, I hope you've figured out how to send the bootstrap
over a serial line from a PC (I never did).

                        Zane

I did. I used to boot my 11/34 from RL02's with a 386 PC running Procomm. I believe I put the code in just a basic ASCII text file one line at a time with a carriage return after each and then uploaded the file as text over the same serial console line. Worked like a champ, and it sure saved the fingers from pressing those little chicklet keys on the programmers console...