Toggling in PDP-11 Bootstraps...

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Tue Mar 21 20:16:40 2000

>No, with the bootroms installed I can boot from the * prompt (ex: * DY
>[enter]. I was just playing with it with cpu/mem/slu/peripheral cards
>only.

Ah, I understand now. Well, except for why you were running without the
bootroms installed, but whatever makes you happy... :^)

>I'll check at home; I think I have the adress for the first MSCP
>controller somewhere myself...let me check that one when I get home.

Here, I've got the info handy. The following is from a WQESD Controller
manual. The board that the manual came with doesn't support MU:, but newer
revisions of the board do.

Device Address
-------------------
Console 17777560
DU: 17772150
DUB: 17760334
DUC: 17760354
DUD: 17760374
DUE: 17760414
DUF: 17760434

MS: 17772520
MSB: 17772524
MSC: 17772530
MSD: 17772534

DL: 17774400
DY: 17777170

                                Zane
| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |