OSI bliss...

From: Mike <dogas_at_leading.net>
Date: Wed Mar 22 13:44:33 2000

Wow. Hi everyone.

A hot tip, a long drive, lots of digging, and a pocket full of kryptonite
turned up an OSI C3C12 yesterday! It's a 4 component system including the
CD2 8" floppys, a big CD23 Shugart SA4000 harddrive, and a Hazeltine
terminal
that's OSI branded (neat.) It sports a 17 slot backplane with a 525, 590,
CSS cpu+ (that is cracked), and 3 522's now in it. I found another box of
boards that had 2 510's (my favorite), a 555, 2 550's, 2 470's, and 3 520's,
and a CA-18E ((on a 550 board)?) that hints at level III networking) Also
got a bunch of software like os-65u v1.43 timeshare, ( w/mputil...) Looks
like it can handle 3 users maybe. And there are boxes of disks I haven't
even gone through yet.

The documentation was a wonderful find too. Most of it is preliminary docs
of things like the:
    Ohio Scientific Multiple User Computer System Manual
    C2-8p Users Manual
    C3 Setup and Operations Manual (with the C3 Utilities and Demo disks
(!!!))
    OS-DMS
    Shugart SA4000 servicing info
    OS-65u Ref Manual
    a *huge* binder of tech and sales newsletters
    and a real cool OSI Servicing Data book for *many* of the osi boards
from 470-594 and cii and cIII systems

Then the ghost of classiccmp-past infused and led me back to a dark dusty
workbench where I scored 3 boxes of molex connectors that I needed
desperately.

Oh, I found a Motorola EXORmacs system in the same pile too. yipee!

My home is smaller. One happy ccmper signing off...

;)
- Mike: dogas_at_leading.net