Aaaaahhhh... 'Tis Good to be Back!!!

From: healyzh_at_aracnet.com <(healyzh_at_aracnet.com)>
Date: Wed Mar 22 16:52:57 2000

> > like TeX? Wasn't DECcalc a commercial offering along the lines of DECwrite?
> > If so, as far as I know it's not available to hobbyists. I'd love to know
> > about a good spreadsheet available to hobbyists myself!
>
> Dunno, check decus, check simtel.

Checking DECUS is painful at best, there doesn't seem to be any kind of an
index, at least not that I've found. I think it was the Freeware CD that I
found something at.

Check simtel?!?!? I remember the old Simtel-20 DOS archive, but what are
you refering to?

> Elm eww. I like Vaxmail, I'd rther use that. News reader isn't that
> FreeForte or some such?

What can I say, elm is what I got started on. I think the Newsreader is
MXRN, it came off the internet solutions for OpenVMS CD-ROM. Isn't
FreeForte a Windows app? I'm still trying to find a decent text based
newsreader for VMS that doesn't puke, I got one running that looked like it
might be OK, but it pukes on the number of newsgroups my ISP carries, before
it ever gets through the alt. hierarchy.

It's wierd, when using VMS I prefer primarily text based apps, while under
UNIX I prefer GUI apps (except 'elm' and 'tin').

                        Zane