Aaaaahhhh... 'Tis Good to be Back!!!

From: Cameron Kaiser <ckaiser_at_oa.ptloma.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 22 17:46:28 2000

::What can I say, elm is what I got started on. I think the Newsreader is
::MXRN, it came off the internet solutions for OpenVMS CD-ROM. Isn't
::FreeForte a Windows app? I'm still trying to find a decent text based
::newsreader for VMS that doesn't puke, I got one running that looked like it
::might be OK, but it pukes on the number of newsgroups my ISP carries, before
::it ever gets through the alt. hierarchy.

Tried nn? Its threading is a bit odd but it works wonderfully and it's very
fast. I've endlessly patched mine to restrict the groups the newsreader
asks about to certain hierarchies, for AUTHINFO-style NNTP authentication,
and a few other things. nn-7 will support "proper" threading but I kinda
like the threading the way it is.

     Cameron Kaiser * Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser_at_ptloma.edu
-- "I'd love to go out with you, but my favourite commercial is on TV." -------