Aaaaahhhh... 'Tis Good to be Back!!!

From: Richard W. Schauer <rws_at_enteract.com>
Date: Wed Mar 22 22:25:48 2000

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Geoff Roberts wrote:

> > Yeah, well my VAX 6000-530 has twice that- 512 MB! Top that! :-)
>
> ROFL. I thought I was the only one that kept a pet one of these. Good
> on ya!
> Where'd you score that one & what's the rest of the setup?

I got it through someone from this list- it was the subject of the big
VAX vs. 486 flamewar last year. It was at a hospital office. It was shut
off late last year and officially retired in January. Unfortunately, the
disks are still in use on its replacement, so all I picked up was the CPU
(one cabinet, refrigerator-sized). I've been going over it examining it
to see what makes it tick and learning about it (DEC stuff is for whatever
reason sort-of rare around here; I'm not sure if it's all still in service
or if it was unpopular in the first place.) Eventually I'll find disks
for it- I'm a firm believer in the magnet principle. :-)

Richard Schauer
rws_at_enteract.com