Lobo Drives

From: Marvin <marvin_at_rain.org>
Date: Thu Mar 23 14:46:20 2000

In browsing my back email, I ran across one from a person who used to work
at Lobo. Here is part of his reply (the Elephant Bar is a local restaurant
and Lobo was Roger's pet wolf):

"Roger may know most of the
inside stories of the Max-80, but I worked pretty closely with the
engineering department, being a technical guy. For example, the sillouette
of Lobo was drawn by a Mr. Greg Hertzen (sp?) Greg wanted to use a red LED
(indicating a bit of mysticisism to be associated with the machine), but
they went with yellow (or was it green?) which was more in keeping with
Max's color scheme. As I recall, Arleen Hertzen (sp?), who was Greg's wife
worked mainly on the Preliminary Manual. The penciled revisions you
mentioned may well be Arleen's. The guy who developed the Max-80, a
brilliant man named Kirk Hobart, used to work as a consultant (I believe),
out near The Elaphant Bar."