teletype wanted.....

From: Cameron Kaiser <ckaiser_at_oa.ptloma.edu>
Date: Thu Mar 23 15:40:21 2000

::>I'm trying to find a teletype to add to my KIM-1- if anyone has one that
::>they are willing to part with ( for a reasonable price) or knows anyone who
::
::Whats a reasonable price? Shipping alone I suspect will be around $75
::(guessing weight). Do you want a working unit, or a project?

Speaking of teletypes, I ended up with a matching set of Philips TX-1000
Text Tells which are, I guess, meant for teletext transfer over phone lines.
(The manual and the machines are Dutch.) Anyone ever dealt with these?
Know the communication protocol, or are they just like any other traditional
modem when they transmit/receive?

     Cameron Kaiser * Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser_at_ptloma.edu
-- I am Dyslexic of Brog. Fesistence is rutile. You will be asmilsilated. -----