DEC ADV11-A A/D Converter

From: Pete Turnbull <pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com>
Date: Thu Mar 23 17:43:21 2000

On Mar 23, 14:31, Chuck McManis wrote:
> You mean like "this board isn't compatible with a 22bit backplane" kinds
of
> things. (which it isn't BTW, that's what the note is about BDAL18 is
> address line 18 which is called BC1 on 18 bit backplanes.)
>
> I'm not sure how you would use it in a system with a 22 bit backplane.
Even
> if you pulled the address line off the back plane the board's CSR
registers
> would show up in memory space and you would have bus contention.

I don't believe that's true -- that board uses BBS7 to decode I/O space, so
it should appear at the correct address. The only problem is BC1, which,
like other "unused" contacts, is grounded (presumably to reduce noise).
 Just cut the track from the BC1 finger. The ADV11 is listed as
"restricted compatibility", not "incompatible".

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Dept. of Computer Science