360K in a 1.2M drive (was: Parallel port hard drives?

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Sun Mar 26 19:52:38 2000

Clearly there's a lot of "folklore" muddying the water here. You're right,
this is somewhat off topic for the original parallel-port hard drive
question. While I was sleeping, someone drove the thread in the direction
of solving rather than circumventing the original problem, and that was
related to a problem engendered by writing 48TPI media for use on a
Commodore machine, or some such, on a 1.2MB 5.25" floppy drive ... I THINK

I'm a firm believer in transporting data on portable hard drives rather than
floppies, since they're MUCH less error prone and MUCH faster and handier.

Please see embedded comments below.

Dick