VAX GKS Docs available

From: Mark Green <mark_at_cs.ualberta.ca>
Date: Mon Mar 27 12:14:48 2000

> >I have a complete doc set for the VAX GKS software (whatever
> >the heck it is)
>
> Graphics Kernel System, maybe? Sounds dimly familiar from the Core
> graphics library for the Pro, unless I'm confusing it with something else.

GKS is a 2D graphics package developed in the late 1970s. It is
a vector based package, and based on display lists. It was later
replaced by PHIGS, which is a 3D grapics package. PHIGS and Core
have similar functionality, but are quite different in their internal
details.

--
Dr. Mark Green                                 mark_at_cs.ualberta.ca
Professor                                      (780) 492-4584