360K in a 1.2M drive (was: Parallel port hard drives?

From: John Wilson <wilson_at_dbit.dbit.com>
Date: Mon Mar 27 13:43:43 2000

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 10:02:16AM -0800, Fred Cisin (XenoSoft) wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Richard Erlacher wrote:
> > I'm in agreement, pretty much with what's been said here. Please see
> > embedded comments below.
> > Yes, but, given that the goal is to write a 48TPI 360K diskette, the
> > coercivity will be the same, since the media are the same. It's worth
>
> Are you saying that a 300 Oerstedt diskette is the SAME as a 600 Oerstedt
> diskette?? Is TRI-X camera film the same as Pan-X, also?

I really think you guys are just miscommunicating. I too was surprised at
Dick's comment that you can use 360 KB and 1.2 MB disks interchangeably,
since I know it's not true. But I really don't think he meant it, especially
since his posts since then have concentrated on track width problems rather
than the bit rate within the track.

John Wilson
D Bit