iOpener

From: Hans Franke <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de>
Date: Mon Mar 27 15:41:16 2000

> On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 04:43:42PM +0000, Hans Franke wrote:
> > > BTW the CPU seems to be 200 MHz, not 180 MHz. But it still gets only about
> > > 80 BogoMIPS, pretty slow.
> > First of all, BogoMIPS are exactly what they are named: Bogus.
> > Second, the is not realy related to the real world speed.

> Well obviously, but just because the BogoMIPS numbers aren't proportional
> to the exact speed, doesn't mean they don't still mean *something* about
> the relationship. The K6 system I'm typing this on gets 600 BogoMIPs and
> is low-end by today's standards, and whether or not it's actually 2/15 the
> speed, the Winchip is a whole bunch slower. That's all I meant.

Well, lets face it, the BogoMIPS is like the infamous Norton SI.
worthless when comparing speeds. Take a look at the sources, and
you'll see that is doesn't do any good.

BTW: can you please check if it's a C6 or a WinChip2 inside you machine ?

> The iOpener keyboard is kind of cute, the keys across the top have crazy decals
> but apparently they really are F1-F12 as usual.

I hope someone is comeing up with replacement key caps
(especialy for the German Umlauts :)

Servus
Hans

--
VCF Europa am 29./30. April 2000 in Muenchen
http://www.vintage.org/vcfe