SUNOS 5.4 Root Password

From: Technoid_at_cheta.net <(Technoid_at_cheta.net)>
Date: Mon Mar 27 22:59:03 2000

The machine boots to a password prompt. If I boot single-user it still
comes up with a maintainence prompt and asks for the root password.

I can't seem to get a CDROM working on the machine. The entire scsi
subsystem does not want to function. The CDROM is unterminated on it's
own address with parity off. The hard disk which does boot, parity off,
terminated at end of chain.

Should I just mount this drive under linux and get root access that way?
Should I install solaris for x86 to gain root? What filesystem is SUNOS
5.4 using so I can tell Linux what to use?

Thanks

Jeffrey S. Worley
Technical Services
Bits & Bytes Computer Services Inc.
1979B Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803
828-684-8953 - voice 0900-1700 five days
828-687-9284 - 24hr fax
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Technoid_at_Cheta.net