Swap Meet

From: Ernest <ernestls_at_home.com>
Date: Wed Mar 29 08:12:26 2000

I dragged my girlfriend to the swap meet also -no small feat for a Saturday
morning, and I was amazed that there were so many people there. It was
packed shoulder to shoulder with people, and I actually carried hopes that I
might be able to casually chat with some of the vendors about which system
they would recommend to a beginner but that was a dream. I was also hoping
that there would be more vintage computer stuff but aside from a few
Kaypro's, and a box of Commodore64 motherboards, there wasn't much old
computer stuff. One nice man did give me a cool little 8" DATASAAB video
monitor for free, and my girlfriend bought a cassette recorder but that was
the extent of our purchases.

I walked around looking at all of the old ham radios, and wished that I knew
more about them. I think that if I could have found the right person to talk
to, I would have bought a radio of some kind, even if I don't know how to
use them yet. Some of these old radios looked like art pieces to me, in a
mad scientist sort of way.

We stayed at the meet for about an hour or so, and decided that we had had
enough of the wall to wall people. I had fun but I doubt that I'll go again,
unless I learn more about ham radio stuff. I'll hold out for a vintage
computer fest instead.

Ernest