DecConnect office cable Aaack

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri Mar 31 03:13:52 2000

One of the things my greedy little hands grab up whenever the price allows
it, are the neat little CoStar label printers. As is typical these low
priced found in a box of stuff units are missing power supply (not hard to
replace) and data cable (all apparently vanished into limbo along with all
known pinouts). The nasty little missing cable is a PC serial Din on the
end of a RJ11 phone cable.

Oh happy day said I spying a number of cables that seem to be exactly this,
but my hopes dashed like so much salt over a pagans shoulder, I note these
cables have printed on them DecConnect Office Cable. Woe, oh woe, oh no,
are these some nasty DEC things and not my highly desired CoStar serial
cables?

Glimmer of hope, the nasty din8 on the nasty DEC cable isn't molded on, and
appears to perhaps "open", if so looks like a job I am short one tiny screw
driver to attempt for now (one on each side).