What do you people use for tape cleaning ?

From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo_at_er-grp.com>
Date: Thu Mar 1 01:26:38 2001

Hello,
as the subject says, what do you people use for tape cleaning ?
I have a few drives that desperately need cleaning, a HP 9144 and a
HP 9145 (the 9145 is smart enough the blink the "CLEAN" (or something)
led on power-up). The not-so-desperate cases are a QIC-24, QIC-150,
HP 7979A and a HP 7974.

The few docs that I have seem to recommend some sort of Freon based
substance but for some weird reason I can't find it in the stores:)

So, now my plan is to use isoprophyl alcohol but I'd like to be sure
before I do any damage.

Thanks in advance,
--
jht