Popular Computing on eBay for $150+

From: Paul Braun <nerdware_at_laidbak.com>
Date: Thu Mar 1 23:37:29 2001

Several years ago I interviewed Forrest Mims III (one of the co-
founders of MITS, and also the author of piles of Radio Shack
project books, many of which kept me out of trouble when I was
growing up.....I now have several of them signed by Forrest, along
with a couple of original schematics from one of those books) while
I was really psyched up about starting a computer museum (before
I found this list and realized that I was not only not alone in my
desires, but also a complete rank amateur.....)

He did, in fact, confirm that story. He also said that Len Feldman
(then-editor of PE) really was the one who pushed Roberts into
doing the article, and that Feldman was also one to quickly take
credit for the entire Altair phenomenon.

He also remembers Ed Roberts going to the airport to pick up Paul
Allen in an old pickup truck.....

He never really met Gates and Allen when they had an office at
MITS. He said he was pretty much out of the daily operations of
the company by that point. He only remembers stopping by a
couple of times and hearing a lot of goofing off coming from one of
the back rooms....