Need IBM XT/286 Setup disk

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Fri Mar 2 11:09:29 2001

At 10:46 PM 3/1/01 +0000, Wizard wrote:

>Joe,
>
>I used a phoneix bios cmos setup program for the old 286 clones,
>works 100% Yes, did that on XT/286. Hint: That bios DOES have
>1.44MB support.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Wizard

    I've already tried booting it from a floppy disk, no go. The problem
with this system is that you can't even boot from a floppy disk until the
BIOS is set. You might be able to boot if it had a 1.2Mb floppy drive but
this one has two 360k drives. I know the later BIOS had support for 1.44
drives but I haven't checked the version on this one yet.

  This machine will be available for adoption as soon as I get some
software off of it. It's a IBM model 5162 XT/286 with 640k of RAM, two HH
IBM 360K floppy drives and a type 2 hard drive. It used to be goverment
property and has a label that says that it was a Stag Programming Test
Station.

    Joe