Rescue of Four Phase Systems mini-computer from Tampa (long)

From: R. D. Davis <rdd_at_smart.net>
Date: Fri Mar 2 16:17:00 2001

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> Here in Michigan, we are fortunate, not to have very many. In fact, I

Spiders, and particular baby spiders or egg sacs which we may not
notice, are something that we all need to be more aware of as computer
collectors, particularly when getting computer equipment shipped to
us. It's not much fun to suddenly find one's basement or garage
infested with spiders, particularlyt he kind the bite or have webs so
strong that when one pulls circuit boards apart one hears a ripping
sound from the spider webbing coming apart.

Not sure what kind I've got that are a bit of a nuisance; they seem to
like heat, and will have stringy webs with lots of baby sipders on
them around lit lightbulbs and the furnace... the webs are either just
a single line hanging down from a rafter to something else, or a bunch
iw thick webbing in a small area with lots of little spiders in it;
the occasionally seen bigger spiders that are found near the webbing
are, including legs, about an inch or so in diameter, with a large,
bulb-like, dark brown sack. I've had my ankles bitten through socks
on occasion; the adults seem to like recessed areas, the insides of
garage doors and basement walls. Just when I think the vacuum cleaner
has gotten them all, there are more webs.

--
Copyright (C) 2001 R. D. Davis    Ancient guru who see future once say:
All Rights Reserved               "wise man who meditate upon immortal wisdom