Offering HP 200LX palmtop

From: Frank McConnell <fmc_at_reanimators.org>
Date: Fri Mar 2 17:48:16 2001

"Billy D'Augustine" <azog_at_azog.org> wrote:
[200LX for trade]

Y'know, there's a whole 'nother mailing list for these things.
HPLX-L_at_UCONNVM.UCONN.EDU. Details, archives, links are at
<URL:http://www.sp.uconn.edu/~mchem1/HPLX.shtml>.

It has a Type II PCMCIA 2.0 slot, but given that it runs off two AA
cells the supply of current is limited. There are some PCMCIA modems
and Ethernet cards (Accton comes to mind) that are known to work
within this limit.

It's also got a serial port, and a built-in for-some-value-of-VT100
emulator in ROM. With the cable, it can be just the ticket for
a portable terminal for the ObOnTopic classic computers that need
a terminal.

Yes, I carry one...one that's been beefed up with a double-speed clock
and 32MB RAM disk. It's like having a fast IBM PC/XT in my pocket,
only the disk is faster!

-Frank McConnell