Standalone transputer tram motherboard

From: Ram Meenakshisundaram <rmeenaks_at_olf.com>
Date: Mon Mar 5 14:17:31 2001

Hi Tony,

Your ideas are basically inline with mine. I want to have basically 4
Size-1 tram slots on the board with some type of controller to boot the
network from EEPROM. The topology is going to be fixed as a small
network like this doesnt need to flexible. And besides, I can always
use virtual channels to connect it up any way I want (with a slight
performance hit). Also I might add a PC104 bus for further expansion.
Do you have schematics of your board so that I can reference the
design?? Apparently, someone else thought about this too. Avanced Micro
Peripherals Ltd wanted to do something like this as well, but the
project got canned :-( As for the microcontroller, I might use either
a transputer, FPGA, or a motorola chip (havent decided)...

Ram