New here :-)

From: Chad Fernandez <fernande_at_internet1.net>
Date: Mon Mar 5 16:28:28 2001

That's exactly one of the reasons I so dislike the metric system. It
seems to go from units that are too small to units that are too big.
Plus, they don't mean a whole lot to me, which I admit is a matter of
adjustment. Since I have been raised with American measurements, I
don't think I would ever totally become accustomed to the metric system
at the same level.

Besides, I am an American, not a "fill in your favorite non-American
here". The whole world doesn't have to use the same units, just like we
don't all have to like the same old computers.

If I were to use a metric system, I would rather use "SI" units. It is
metric based, but a little different than generic "metric". It has been
long enough since I had Physics, that I can't remember why, However.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA